The oil and chemical binding agent “Zauberwatte”® (means “magic cotton wool”) against oil contamination.
Zauberwatte® absorbs everything that is lighter than water. It binds contamination from oil and chemicals within seconds. The Zauberwatte® can be removed without residue and then recycling.
Just 1 kilogram of Zauberwatte® is enough to absorb 6 litres of oil – 1/3 more than any other oil-binding agents that are available. Place the Zauberwatte® on the oil contamination, wait for a short period and simply remove it.
Zauberwatte® is the Winner of the European Inventor Award 2017 and certified by DEKRA Umwelt GmbH.
That is how the oil binding agent Zauberwatte® works
That is how the oil binding agent Zauberwatte® works
Water with oil
Put the cotton on the water
Wait a moment
Just remove the cotton
RESULT = CLEAN WATER
Zauberwatte® is suitable for hydrophobic liquids, for all oils and chemicals, including alcohols and surfactants.
1 kg Zauberwatte® binds 6.55 l of oil (DEKRA), fast absorption due to large surface of 3qm/g.
Zauberwatte® binds permanently, does not absorb water and floats on the surface even when saturated.
Zauberwatte® can be removed without leaving any residue in order to recycle or thermally reuse it afterwards.
- Fast absorption speed, within a few minutes
- Absorbs its own weight 6.5 times
- Non-hazardous material, free from surfactants
- Reusable, various processes enable the separation of the Zauberwatte and the absorbed contaminants
- Certified by DEKRA Umwelt GmbH
- Included in the “List of tested oil binding agents”
- Contaminated shaft pits flooded with water
- Overflowed oil collecting tanks
- Leaking engines and gearboxes
- Defective oil seals
- Siphon leakage
- Oil spills of any kind
RECYCLING AND RETURN
We dispose of the Zauberwatte® contaminated with oil for you.
Various processes enable us to separate the Zauberwatte® from the absorbed pollutants.
We recycle the Zauberwatte® in a centrifuge.
The oil is separated from the Zauberwatte® by centrifugal force.
You simply return the contaminated Zauberwatte® to us in the supplied containers.
In general, binding agents contaminated with oil are “waste that requires monitoring”.
These substances are expressly NOT allowed in our containers:
- Grinding sludge, oily
- Containers containing acid residues and/or pesticides
- Contents from oil separators
- Spray cans
- Waste from painting businesses (such as varnish, paint, solvents and empty paint containers)
- Brake linings and other waste materials containing asbestos
- Containers with an edge length over 40 cm and residual contents
- Oily building rubble
- Foreign matter and impurities
The Waste Catalogue Ordinance AVV 15 02 02* lists typical contaminated waste: absorbent materials filter materials, oil filters, wiping cloths and protective clothing can be contaminated with hazardous substances.
These may not be disposed of in residual waste or household waste.
You could obtain the oil binding agent Zauberwatte® international.
Non-woven Fabric Hoses
The Zauberwatte® variant to contain oil spills on the water
- Combines the strengths of oil barriers with those of our binding fabric
- Sheath made from very absorbent and robust non-woven fabric
- Buoyant even when fully saturated
- Perfectly suited for use on flowing water
ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY OIL AND CHEMICAL BINDING AGENT
- Hydrophobic wax cotton wool
- The Zauberwatte® does not absorb water
- Only the contaminants are absorbed
- Contaminants are permanently bound
- Floats permanently, even fully soaked
- Enables dust-free working
The Zauberwatte® does not spoil due to environmental influences.
Various processes enable the separation of the Zauberwatte® and the absorbed contaminant.
The Zauberwatte® as well as the fabric can be reused or simply disposed of.
A typical oil/cotton wool mixture has a calorific value of 45 MJ/kg. This means that the Zauberwatte® can be used as a substitute fuel in thermal recycling.
WASTE OIL ORDINANCE (ALTÖLV)
§ 2 Priority of processing
(1) The recycling of waste oils shall be given priority over other methods of disposal, unless technical and economic, including organisational, constraints prevent this.
ZAUBERWATTE® FOCUSES ON SUSTAINABILITY
Zauberwatte® takes responsibility for our environment. It’s not just the oil binding agent itself that is all about sustainability. The concept of sustainability can be defined based on four pillars: The recycling cycle, water protection, sustainable packaging and material savings.
The used Zauberwatte® does not have to be disposed of, but can be reused. The oil and Zauberwatte® are separated by centrifuging. Figuratively explained, Zauberwatte® can be wrung out like a sponge.
A big plus of Zauberwatte® is that it is not hazardous to water bodies and can be removed from the water without leaving any residue. The fully saturated Zauberwatte® clumps together and can be removed from the water without any issues, whereas many other oil binding agents are only available in powder form. Other practical properties of Zauberwatte® are that it does not absorb water and floats on the surface of the water even when fully saturated.
Metal drums are provided for the return shipment of the soiled Zauberwatte®. Just like Zauberwatte®, the barrels are also cleaned and used several times.
The high absorption capacity of the material means that less material is needed to remove oil and chemicals than would be the case with conventional oil binding agents. Compared to granules, for example, Zauberwatte® offers material savings of one sixth.
Would you like to know more about the product?
Contact us! We will response soon.